Camp Ho Non Wah
Since its establishment in 1931 on a verdant tract of land on the banks of the Bohicket River and Fickling Creek, Camp Ho Non Wah has been dedicated to providing the premier summer camp experience for Scouts, Cubs, Venturing Units, and leaders who call it home one week each year. Although only twenty miles from historic downtown Charleston, Camp Ho Non Wah seems a world all its own, and as an institution governed by the guiding principles of the Boy Scouts of America, it really is.
Camp Ho Non Wah uses the myCamp Manager registration program for Summer Camp, Winter Camp, and Cub Resident Camp.
For more information, please visit the camp's website at www.camphnw.com
Here are just some of the things Camp HNW has to offer:
- Three Aquatics Facilities (lake, pool, and river)
- Shooting Sports and Field Sports - Archery, Rifle, and Shotgun Range
- Handicraft Shelter
- Ecology Lodge
- Scoutcraft Shelter
- Woodsman First Year Camper Program
- STEM Program & Computer Lab
- Bohicket Towne Colonial Immersion Program for Older Scouts
- Fishing Pier in the Bohicket River
- Natural Amphitheater with sound system
- Air-Conditioned Dining Hall
- Trading Post
- Scoutmaster Lodge (A/C, wi-fi)
Ho Non Wah features troop-sized campsites in ten choice spots, each fully-equipped with two-man tents, a latrine, and a washing station. Hot showers are available to all campers at centralized locations. Ho Non Wah is annually certified by the State of South Carolina and BSA as a Nationally Accredited Camp. Rules for acceptance and participation in Scouting programs are the same for everyone without regard to handicap, race, color, gender or national origin.