If being outdoors in summer heat of July isn't your thing, we invite you to experience Winter Camp at Camp Ho Non Wah. Charleston is very seasonable all-year round, and December is quite comfortable here, though we wouldn't advise a dip in the Bohicket... unless you're taking part in the Polar Bear Swim!
Winter Camp does offer a full complement of merit badge courses, many of which are not offered in the warmer months. A slightly smaller camp population means more hands-on time and individualized attention for each camper, but we recommend registering early as space in this highly sought-after session fills up quickly! This is a great option for troops looking for a unique camp experience or for the provisional scout looking to wrap up a few loose ends before his Eagle Scout Project.
Please see the resources list for our leaders updates and current Winter Camp program offerings.
Dates & Deadlines
- July 1 - Troop & Provisional Registration Begins
- October 15 - Initial Payment of $50.00 per Scout
- November 15 - Last Day for Early Bird Discount
- November 15 - T-Shirt Orders Due
- November 30 - Late fee applicable for dropped Scouts; no refunds after this date