Cub Scout Uniform Guide
The Cub Scout uniform has the following parts:
- Shirt—The official uniform shirt is available with long or short sleeves and has button-flap pockets and "Boy Scouts of America" lettered in gold above the right pocket.
- Trousers or shorts—Official blue.
- Belt—Official navy-blue web belt with metal buckle and Tiger Cub, Cub Scout, or Webelos Scout emblem.
- Socks—Official socks are available in three lengths: ankle, crew, and knee. Tiger Cubs' socks are navy blue with orange tops. Cub Scouts' socks are navy blue with gold tops.
- Cap—Official navy-blue cap with an orange front panel and tiger cub emblem for Tiger Cubs; yellow panel and wolf emblem for Wolf Cub Scouts; blue panel and bear emblem for Bear Cub Scouts. Webelos Scouts wear an olive cap with a plaid panel bearing the Webelos logo.
- Neckerchief—Triangular neckerchief is orange with navy-blue trim for Tiger Cubs, gold with navy-blue trim for Wolf Cub Scouts, light blue with navy-blue trim for Bear Cub Scouts, and plaid for Webelos Scouts. Official BSA neckerchiefs are the only neckerchiefs that boys should wear. Packs should not make their own pack neckerchiefs.
- Neckerchief slide—Official gold-tone metal slide with the Tiger Cub, Wolf Cub, Bear Cub, or Webelos Scout logo. Boys may wear handmade neckerchief slides.
- Webelos Specific— Webelos Scouts may choose to wear either the blue Webelos uniform based on the Cub Scout uniform or the tan/olive uniform similar to the one that Boy Scouts wear. For the tan/olive uniform, boys wear the official Boy Scout olive trousers or shorts and official Boy Scout tan long- or short-sleeved shirt with blue shoulder loops. Official blue socks (with gold tops) are worn with the blue uniform, and official olive socks (with red tops) are worn with the tan/olive uniform. With either uniform, all Webelos Scouts should wear the Webelos neckerchief (plaid with the Webelos emblem), Webelos neckerchief slide (handmade slides are also acceptable), Webelos cap, and Webelos belt buckle.
Badges and Insignia
For guidance on the proper placement of all badges and insignia please refer to the Guide to Awards and Insignia.