2021 National Jamboree
Scouting’s flagship event is one-of-a-kind. It’s a gathering of approximately 40,000 Scouts, leaders, and staff that showcases everything that is great about the BSA and its members. Held every four years, the Jamboree is an amazing opportunity for participants, volunteers, and visitors to experience the best of Scouting, all in one place. Features include; one of the longest zip line courses in North America, a world-class skate park, ATV offerings, treetop canopy tours, rock climbing, patch trading, stadium shows, and much more!
You must register at Jamobree.Scouting.org before registering at the council level. Once your application has been submitted, please register at myCampmanager.com so your payments will be properly recorded. We do accept credit cards for payments on myCamp Manager.
You are not considered registered with the council until we have received your deposit.
The anticipated cost to attend National Jamboree for the Coastal Carolina Council is $1,800.00 per participant.
The first Boy Scouts of America national jamboree was scheduled to be held in Washington, D.C., in 1935 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Scouting in America. Unfortunately, the jamboree was canceled because of a polio outbreak in Washington. When the first jamboree was finally held in 1937, Dan Beard lit the opening campfire using flint and steel. Scouts from all 48 states brought the wood that was used in the campfire. There were 27,232 Scouts camped on the National Mall under the Washington Monument. Since that time, an additional 18 national jamborees have been held, the last in 2017.
Every four years, Coastal Carolina Council puts together a Jamboree Contingent. The Contingent consists of units of 36 youth and 4 adult leaders. This year units will include Male Troops, Female Troops, and Venture Crews.
Besides the Jamboree experience itself, there are many costs that are incurred in preparation for the event. These costs include (but may not be limited to):
- Jamboree training, meetings, and other events
- Jamboree gear, including all troop/crew specific gear (flags, unit numerals, hats, shirts, backpack, duffle bag, patches)
- Jamboree event fee
- Dedicated Scouting professional and support staff to facilitate and assist in a successful Jamboree experience
- Bus transportation to all tour locations and to and from Jamboree with dedicated bus drivers
The Jamboree is open to all who are qualified on a first-come, first-served basis. Qualifications to attend the National Jamboree include:
- Registered member of a Scout Troop, who has completed the 6th grade, or will be at least 12 years old (but who has not yet reached their 18th birthday by 8/1/2021) and a first class Scout by July 1, 2021. --OR--
- Registered member of a Venture Crew who will be at least 14 years old (but who has not yet reached their 21st birthday by 8/1/2021).
- Must live and abide by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Must abide by the Jamboree Code of Conduct.
Each Scout will be a member of a patrol within their unit. Every contingent member will be required to participate in and have the following:
Adult Leadership will be selected for the Coastal Carolina Council contingent by the Council Jamboree Committee
For more information visit the National Jamboree Website