Unit Service will enable units to better serve more youth by providing an adequate number of trained commissioners who provide a link to the District Operating Committee and other resources in support of a quality unit program.
The mission of Unit Service is to help units better serve more youth through scouting.
- Supporting unit growth and retention through the Journey to Excellence.
- Contacting units and capturing in commissioner tools their strengths, needs, and a unit service plan that enables continuing improvement.
- Linking unit needs to District Operating Committee and other resources.
- Supporting timely unit, district and council charter renewals.
- Supporting unit leaders by delivering effective roundtables that provide program ideas, relationship development, and timely communication.
Commissioners are some of the most important volunteers in the Boy Scouts of America. These specially trained volunteers serve units throughout the council and assist them with tasks including annual recharter. Training is available for Unit, District and Roundtable Commissioners through my.Scouting.org as well as in person.
Commissioner Basic Training
February 22, 2020
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM - Council Service Center
Unit Commissioner Basic Training
This course is designed to teach the fundamentals of serving as a Unit Commissioner in a Pack, Troop or Crew.
Roundtable & Assistant Roundtable Commissioner Basic
This course is designed to teach the basics of serving as a Roundtable Commissioner or Assistant Roundtable Commissioner.
District Commissioner & ADC Basic
This course is designed to teach the basics of serving as a District Commissioner or Assistant District Commissioner.
College of Commissioner Science
The College of Commissioner Science is an annual supplemental training event for all Commissioners where they can further learn the craft of Commissioning and Unit Service.